High Availbility

OS & Virtualization

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Installing Oracle on Solaris

How to Add Access to CD or DVD Media in a Non-Global Zone


7.Loopback mount the file system with the options ro,nodevices (read-only and no devices) in the non-global zone.
global# zonecfg -z my-zone
zonecfg:my-zone> add fs
zonecfg:my-zone:fs> set dir=/cdrom
zonecfg:my-zone:fs> set special=/cdrom
zonecfg:my-zone:fs> set type=lofs
zonecfg:my-zone:fs> add options [ro,nodevices]
zonecfg:my-zone:fs> end
zonecfg:my-zone> commit
zonecfg:my-zone> exit

8.Reboot the non-global zone.
global# zoneadm -z my-zone reboot

9.Use the zoneadm list command with the -v option to verify the status.
global# zoneadm list -v


Error Checking


ERROR Checking monitor: must be configured to display at least 256 colors >>> Could not execute auto check for
 display colors using command /usr/openwin/bin/xdpyinfo. Check if the DISPLAY variable is set. Failed <<<<
 Some requirement checks failed. You must fulfill these requirements before continuing with theinstallation, at which time they will be rechecked.

Solution(s):
 1. Install SUNWxwplt package
 2. Set DISPLAY variable
 3. Execute xhost + on target (set in DISPLAY) computer


Error : libXm.so.4 library might be missing otherwise. Proceed to check the status of the
package as shown in the previous example.
#
pkg info -r motif
#
pkg install motif

No comments: